Sign Up For TAM’s Newsletter
TAM Top 10 Policy Priorities
Bennett: “Competitiveness is priority one.”
The Texas Association of Manufacturers today released its “TAM Top Ten,” which details the Association’s policy priorities for the 86th Legislature in 2019.
“Competitiveness and job growth are at the core of our priorities for the 86th Legislature,” said Tony Bennett, president of the Texas Association of Manufacturers. “From economic development and tax policy to workforce development and properly funded regulators, the Legislature has tremendous opportunities to protect and advance our global competitiveness in the upcoming session.”
Bennett noted that Texas is the #1 state for exported manufactured goods and remains the #1 state to do business. “Smart public policy and elected officials who value Texas jobs are equally important to keeping Texas on top,” he said.
TAM’s Top Ten policy priorities include:
- 1. Preserve Property Tax Abatement Authority
- 2. Global Economic Competitiveness
- 3. Equality in Business Taxation
- 4. Business Personal Property Tax Reform
- 5. Aerospace and Aviation Manufacturing Competitiveness
- 6. Preserving ERCOT’s Competitive Wholesale Market
- 7.Protecting PUC Jurisdiction in Non-ERCOT Areas
- 8. Career and Workforce Education Needs
- 9. TCEQ Funding
- 10. School and Workplace Health
For more information on each of the priorities above, please visit www.manufacturetexas.org/resources.
EXCLUSIVE MEMBER SAVINGS: TAM Workers' Comp Safety Group
Eligible TAM members can join the TAM Workers’ Comp Safety Group to take advantage of discounted workers’ comp premiums through Texas Mutual Insurance Company (TXM), the #1 provider of workers’ comp insurance in Texas.
Benefits of the program also include the potential to earn two dividends from TXM, as well as access to workplace safety tools designed specifically for the manufacturing industry.