February 20, 2018
Bennett: “As early voting begins, focus on jobs, competitiveness a must.”
AUSTIN - The Texas Association of Manufacturers today released its “TAM Top Ten,” which details the Association’s policy priorities for the 2018 interim and the 86th Legislature in 2019.
“Manufacturing is a driving force of our economy and a wide range of policy issues can impact our ability to grow jobs,” said Tony Bennett, president of the Texas Association of Manufacturers. “As early voting begins today, we urge all Texans to find out where their candidates stand on policies that can impact competitiveness and job growth in Texas.”
Bennett noted that Texas is the #1 state for exported manufactured goods and remains the #1 state to do business. “Smart public policy and elected officials who value Texas jobs are equally important to keeping Texas on top,” he said.
TAM’s Top Ten policy priorities include:
1. Preserve Property Tax Abatement Authority
2. Global Economic Competitiveness
3. Equality in Business Taxation
4. Business Personal Property Tax Reform
5. Aerospace and Aviation Manufacturing Competitiveness
6. Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) Governance and Stakeholder Process
7. Protecting PUC Jurisdiction in Non-ERCOT Areas
8. Career and Workforce Education Needs
9. TCEQ Funding
10. Water Conservation & Supply
For more information on each of the priorities above, please visit TAM’s website at www.manufacturetexas.org/resources.
Contact: Gretchen Fox, 512-694-4326