Texas manufacturers play a critical role in our state’s and nation’s continued economic recovery and long-term prosperity.
To do so, Texas manufacturers need a strong, effective voice for the industry at the State Capitol and in our nation’s Capital to ensure our industry continues to grow, invest and create jobs.
By advancing public policy that strengthens our industry sector and defending against threats, TAM is on the front lines of the public policy battles that shape and define our members’ future. TAM constantly reinforces to lawmakers, regulators, consumers and the press that manufacturers are not immune from collective consequences of state and federal legislative and regulatory actions. More than 908,000manufacturing employees in Texas depend on smart public policy to keep the manufacturing sector strong.
- We work to ensure reliable access to affordable energy.
- We press for a reasonable, streamlined regulatory and permitting framework.
- We advocate for sound tax policy.
- We know the importance of education that delivers a highly-skilled workforce.
- And, we know state and federal governments must invest in critical infrastructure.
These are just a few examples of TAM’s principled leadership and work on behalf of our members.
We look for opportunities to positively advance smart policy. And, we remain vigilant to anticipate and defend against threats to our industry’s ability to create jobs and drive economic growth. Member support helps TAM reinforce the need to protect the “strongest economy in the nation” and the economic engines that make it so.
If you agree that #ManufacturingMatters,
Year-round public policy advocacy before the Texas Legislature, committees of jurisdiction, and regulatory agencies
Year-round media relations efforts to reinforce the importance of manufacturing in the Texas economy; to showcase manufacturers’ leadership in innovation and technology; and to promote policies that protect manufacturing...
- TAM Regional Legislative Dialogues occur quarterly and typically involve luncheons or informal gatherings with legislative leaders in their districts.
- During the legislative session, TAM hosts a “Manufacturer's Day at the Capitol” to highlight manufacturing among state lawmakers and to discuss important issues affecting the industry.
Eligible TAM members can join the TAM Workers’ Comp Safety Group to take advantage of discounted workers’ comp premiums through Texas Mutual Insurance Company (TXM), the #1 provider of workers’ comp insurance in Texas. Benefits of the program also include the potential to earn two dividends from TXM, as well as access to workplace safety tools designed...more